Capital Bridging Finance (CB Finance), Melbourne and Gold Coast, Australia, is a private, boutique Australian lending firm providing quick and secure bridging loans. They provide flexible commercial and residential bridging finance services for those who need urgent bridging loans, often in complex circumstances requiring highly customised solutions.
Trust in Microsoft and Seyfor
After an extended market review, CB Finance selected Dynamic Aspect and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central with loan management software OneCore Loans App to achieve a consistent, integrated business applications environment for productivity across the business and a low total cost of ownership. They needed to meet following requirements:
- meeting the exacting requirements of CB Finance for Loan Management, Customer Relationship Management and Reporting,
- related ongoing advice,
- demanding needs and regulation of the Finance Industry in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ),
- the migration of existing customers, contacts, and loans on the go-live date.
They had tried other solutions, but after engaging with the team from Dynamic Aspect as their Microsoft partner, they selected the proven combination of Dynamics 365 Business Central and lending software OneCore Loans App. During implementation Dynamic Aspect, a long time, and highly regarded Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Partner had previously identified and tested with Seyfor team the bona fides of the OneCore Apps Financial Services portfolio of offerings. When approached by CB Finance for a robust and proven solution in this space, it was a natural move to present a solution that would meet their needs.
The main challenge was to combine functions of Business Central, OneCore Loans App, and other CB applications in the most efficient way. In the implementation, there are a lot of complex workflows such as Statement generation - all Contracts and Financial Legal Documents are generated outside of the system, but the copies of these documents are attached to the Loan Card of the Loan they apply to.
Regardless, with a team with a keen understanding and knowledge of the capabilities of the solution, the implementation was delivered on budget - and on time.
The best combination
Dynamics 365 Business Central and OneCore Loans App cover a wide range of loan management activities of CB Finance.
|Banking Import Actions via CSV.
|Payment Journal / Customer Ledger.
|Customer / Borrower's Details.
|Contacts for "Customers/Borrower". Multiple Contacts possible for each Customer.
|Customer / Borrower Interactions stored and tied to the Loan (Loan Card). Customer Relations Management (CRM).
|OneCore Loans App
|All Loan Card information stored per Loan. Multiple loans for the same Customer(s) possible.
|Payment Calendar is the daily loan view (see attached mock-up example Excel Worksheet).
|Archived Loan Calendars for Loan Card. Multiple Archives.
|The Active Loan Calendar (Current Active Loan View).
|Loan Statement Report and Statement Generation.
|Contract Document Generation (Start of Loan, Extension of Loans, Loan Settlement).
|Notifications and Reminders
|Notification and Reminder Tasks (Met on condition and schedule).
The above components are complemented by the Outgoing Emails functionality for managing outgoing email messages.
TOP benefits of the solution
Today, the combination of Dynamics 365 Business Central and OneCore Loans App forms an integral part of CB Finance's day-to-day activities. The company is extremely satisfied with the system, as confirmed by the words of IT Manager Ahron Johnson: “Working with Dynamic Aspect, and a proven but modern and sophisticated financial solution built on Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 Business Central platform and Seyfor’s OneCore Apps, we’re excited about leading in the market with a solution that will serve the complex requirements of our clients whilst keeping our own operations streamlined and leading edge.”
These are TOP 3 areas which they benefit the most from:
- CUSTOMIZABLE PAYMENT CALENDAR – It provides a single, coherent, and effective “Top-Down View” of all Loans. The fields of the payment calendar are completely customisable for the user, and are able to be filtered, reported and exported into Excel. The system displays data on all loans in one database.
- COVERAGE OF DIFFERENT LOAN TYPES – The loan management solution allow you to create your own loan templates with predefined parameters which ensures the faster loan calculation process. CB Finance work mainly with Capitalised Interest, Prepaid Interest, Monthly Compounding Interest and Interest and Principal payments.
- FLEXIBLE INTEREST SET UP – The system provides flexibility to change interest at any point in the Loan Lifecycle (with the ability for recalculation of the loan payment calendar if needed). If necessary, it is also possible to convert loans between standard and concessional interest rates. These can be changed at the beginning of the loan and at any time thereafter.
In addition to the above, CB Finance also highlights the following features of the solution:
- the ability to Pay Down Loans or Settle Loans at any point during the Loan Lifecycle,
- the ability to be able to “Draw Down” a Loan, as in extend the loan principal amount and loan additional funds on the same loan – managed by OneCore Funding App,
- the ability to easily calculate a pay-out settlement figure of a loan accurately at any point in the Loan Lifecycle,
- audit Trails,
- calculate Loan-to-Value Ratio.